- What type of work does LAM fund?
We partner with Canadian and Latin churches and institutions, as well as international Christian organizations to encourage, assist and participate in building the body of Jesus Christ in Latin America. All activities and workers are approved by LAM’s governing board.
- How do I find out if a project is approved?
When you go to donate online, only approved projects will appear on the drop down menu. If you have any question regarding any approved project or missionary, please contact us.
- What countries are served by LAM workers and projects?
Our main long-term missions and projects are located in various communities throughout Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Honduras, Bolivia, and Costa Rica. Other one-time projects can happen anywhere throughout Central America, Caribbean and South America.
- What happens if my designated project is no longer active or has reached its target?
If a preference has been expressed as to how LAM Canada uses a gift, but that project is no longer active or the need for ministry has been met, the gift will be reallocated to LAM Canada to be used where it is needed most.
- How do I give?
You can give by means of credit and debit, cheque, or money order. We also offer an easy pre-authorized monthly giving option.
- How can I trust that the funds I donate will be handled as requested?
LAM is committed to financial and administrative integrity. We are members of Canadian Council of Christian Charities, which keeps us up to date with the highest ethical practices.
- What is the Christian Charities membership about?
You can learn about the Canadian Council of Christian Charities here.
- What is automatic withdrawal and electronic funds transfer?
A monthly, pre-authorized deduction from your bank account can be sent to Latin America Mission. It’s easy to set up, and there is no need to remember to write a cheque or purchase postage! You can change the amount or the gift designation to at any time with this form.
- How do I cancel or change a preauthorized arrangement?
You can easily change or cancel your monthly donation with this form.
- Why should I give through Latin America Mission and not directly to the person?
Each ministry has budgeted expenses for various projects. Not only is giving through Latin America Mission a way we keep each other accountable, your donation is also eligible to receive a charitable tax receipt because we are a registered Canadian charity.
- When will I get my donation receipt?
Official receipts for Income Tax purposes are issued via mail for all eligible gifts once per year before the end of February of the following year.
- Can I get my receipt right away after I donate?
If you require a receipt before the end of the year for funds sent directly to LAM, please inform our office.